I know I’ve seen these floating around Tumblr, but even before that, Rachel sent the link to me and I immediately decided to make them for a book club brunch I’m hosting this weekend.
Though I love eggs more than I can describe, sometimes I feel like I’ve seen it all. This was a new preparation for me, and I’m excited to try it out.
Baked Egg Boats
4 demi sourdough baguettes
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 ounces pancetta, finely chopped and fried until crisp
3 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
2 green onions, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut a deep “V” through the tops of each baguette until about a 1/2 inch to the bottom. Partially unstuff the baguettes. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs and cream into a mixing bowl and lightly beat together. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and lightly season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat and place onto a baking sheet. 5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve.
Blogging has been light lately because my lovely designer Jona and I have been working on some big blog changes behind-the-scenes. Get ready for some fun announcements next week!